Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Blue
29/365

The photo topic for the day is Blue.

Saturday some friends and I went on a hike to Manoa Falls.  It didn't rain the day before, and it didn't rain that morning.  The "falls" were just a trickle.  But we had a fun time hiking the mile long, rocky, slimy trail together. 

As we approached the trailhead, we saw these blue berries all over the ground.  It's probably hard for you to tell how large they are because I didn't put anything in the image to show perspective, so you'll have to take my word for it that they are about 3/4" in diameter.  The leaf they are resting on is about 9" from end to end. I decided to bring a bunch of them home with me so that I could make an image that was a little more creative than just shooting them laying scattered on the scruffy ground.

No one knew what they are, but they certainly fit the day's topic of blue.

2 comments:

trishalyn said...

Perfect image for BLUE DAY! :-) I've never seen berries like these, either. I really like your composition!

Bridget said...

this is beautiful!
love the blue berries.
gorgeous shade. hard to improve on nature.