I have nothing of any import to blog about today, so all you get is a few random facts:
1) I bought a new ipod the other day. Actually, when I finally decided to bite the bullet and spend the money, it was the day before Valentine's Day. (clever, huh?) I went to Radio Shack. I wanted the pink one--yes, pink. I love pink. Anyway, they only had one in the entire store and it was that boring silver grey color. The salesperson checked online at every other Radio Shack on the entire island of Oahu and there were NONE!!. So I bought the boring silver one.
2) The boring silver ipod that I bought almost sent me over the edge when I tried to figure out how to use it. The pink one might have softened the aggravation, but not by much.
3) The boring silver ipod that I bought is great, even though I still don't really understand how to use it.
4) I keep seeing great vanity plates while I'm driving and can't get a pic of them. Sigh
5) I'm currently reading two books. One is The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. (there are about 8 in the series, I'm up to #3) If you want a sweet read, try these, but definitely begin with the first. You can actually jump in anywhere, but why not start with #1? The second book I'm reading is Sherlock Holmes. I've never read it before and it's surprisingly enjoyable. I got psyched about reading it after watching three episodes of a modern-day Sherlock Holmes after Masterpiece Theater (which was showing Downton Abbey).
6) I'm still working on my table runners. I brought all my sewing supplies (thread, bobbins, scissors, etc., but borrowed a machine) This one actually looks better in person, but you can get the idea.
7) It's been raining here a lot, but hey, at least I'm not shoveling snow.
8) I leave for my Mexican cruise (departing from LA) to celebrate the wedding of my son and new daughter-in-law in approximately 48 hours. Well, I mean, I fly to LA in 48 hours and then leave on the cruise the next day.
9) Once on the cruise, I probably won't have access to the internet. I hear it's very expensive to buy on shipboard.
That's my life lately. I'll take it...