The Countdown Continues
This morning I had to go to the mall. When I came out I decided to drive around the parking lot to see if I could find any interesting vanity license plates. (Lately I've been seeing some very creative and fun plates, but as usual, I'm driving when I see them. Chasing them down just doesn't seem like a good idea...)
These were all I could find. It was a little disappointing that I could only find three, but it is what it is.
It's the end of the day on Dec 10. The countdown continues to Dec 26, the day of my hip replacement surgery. Only 16 days. Oi vey!
Two weeks before the surgery I have to stop taking my Fish Oil tablets.
One week before the surgery I have to stop taking ibuprofen. Now THAT'S going to be the hardest adjustment. I have Celebrex that I can take, but in the past it hasn't seemed to be as effective as the ibuprofen. Maybe I should start it sooner to get it into my system....hmmm, I'll have to figure out what to do.
Some good news is that I accomplished my 2 previous goals:
1) Get a flu shot--check (not even a sore spot where the injection was)
2) Buy some sweat pants for around the house--check (more like flannel pj pants, but very cute and comfortable)
Now I have a few more goals:
1) get a book or two to have handy for the first weeks home from the hospital
2) stock up on some movie cds that I haven't already seen a bazillion times
3) buy a large bag of dry cat food to insure the critters don't run out
4) buy my plane ticket to Hawaii for the end of January
5) find out if I can have my computer in the hospital and if there's wifi available
6) borrow one of the very stable padded chairs with with arms from the church
I'm sure there's more, but it's late and I'm not really thinking too coherently right now.