Monday, December 31, 2012

Scavenger Hunt #23--Groups
144/366

So!  This is probably my last post of 2012.  Wow, another one of those "how-did-that-happen?" moments.  Really, didn't the year just begin a few weeks ago?

At the beginning of the year I began labeling my posts with a number, i.e. this is post 144 of 366 days in 2012.  I don't know why I did that--I guess because I like lists and keeping records although I'm not as good at it as I would like to be.  It appears that I blogged an average of once every 2.5 days. That's something like "the average family in America has 2.5 children".  hmmmm

Our scavenger hunt assignment for last week was "groups".  It sounded easy, since Christmas took place last week and it seemed like there would be an opportunity to be in some kind of "group" during the week.  Well, "seeming" easy and "being" easy are two entirely different things.

When we gathered together for brunch on Christmas morning at my daughter's house, I put in a request for a "nice" group shot this year, instead of the usual "everyone standing in the corner so mom can take the obligatory Christmas photo".  In spite of their apparent cooperation, I knew I couldn't push the envelope too much by being too fussy about "sit-up-straight", "turn-your-head-this-way", "please-put-on-a-nicer-shirt", "wait,-let-me-take-another-one,-I-think-you-blinked".  

So because I was only involved in one "group" situation, I decided to make this collage, which in itself constitutes a "group" of photos.  Kind of a loose interpretation of the assignment.  


Tomorrow, Jan 1, 2013, I'm beginning my Thankful Thursday project.  Each evening I'll write one thing I'm thankful for that happened that day, and put the slip of paper in my "Thankful" jar.  Each Thursday morning, I'll pull out one random paper, and by evening I hope to have one photograph to accompany the "thought" and that will be my post for that day.  


To all my blogger friends, I hope you have a fun New Year's Eve and a blessed 2013.


1 comment:

trishalyn said...

LOVE your "group" collage!!! Each image tells a story. You captured such wonderful holiday memories! AWESOME job!

P.S. My favorite is the one of Lauren singing! (Or is she talking?) :-)

P.S. #2 Sorry I couldn't stay longer today. We just barely made it to our errands before the places closed early for the holiday! If I didn't mention it...you looked great for just having surgery!!! :-)