Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A New Experience
11/365

On Tuesday, I flew to Hawaii.  I had a new experience. I decided to take advantage of my "handicapped" post-op status and ask for wheelchair service.  It wasn't because I didn't think I could walk between the terminals, but I was concerned about the timing.  Since I can't walk at my usual pace, I didn't want to take the chance of missing a plane, especially since my last changeover was to a completely different airline and I had to go through security again.

It's a good thing I took advantage of the complimentary service.  

But I have to say, it was difficult to accept the attention, knowing full well that I could have done the walking myself and should have done some of the walking myself.  So each time I was delivered to a terminal, I still walked around, sometimes aimlessly, sometimes looking for a bathroom or some food.  




The trip back to NY will be different.  No chariot will await me then.  

2 comments:

trishalyn said...

Glad to know you arrived safely! :-)

~she~ said...

Sometimes you must take advantage of certain services. Glad you won't need it on the way back! Have a wonderful trip and send summer here early!