Saturday, January 05, 2013


Did The Driving Today
3/365

The is the 11th day since my surgery.  I was feeling pretty good.  I had a long phone conversation with a friend this morning, during which time I walked around my house.  Definitely walked more than 5 minutes--felt great when I was done.  I think I hit on a new strategy--when I need to do my walking, just call someone who can spare some time, and go for it!  

We were invited to my sister-in-law's for dinner this afternoon, so we left a little early in order to stop at a couple of stores first.

I drove!!!

It was a little uncomfortable, but it was also an hour or so before I was scheduled to take my pain med, so that could have had something to do with it.  A little slow/awkward getting in and out of the car, but very doable.  The trickiest part was reaching out to pull the door closed once I was in the car, but my cane came in handy for that.  Where there's a will, there's a way.



1 comment:

trishalyn said...

Congratulations! As I mentioned yesterday, you are amazing. Keep up the great attitude and you'll be climbing those mountains again in no time! :-)