Friday, January 18, 2013

oh my gosh

Oh My Gosh.....
7/365

Well.....my best intentions of creating a Thankful Thursday post every Thursday have already gone awry.  I really marvel at myself...that I can forget something that I really want to do so quickly.  So, today is Friday, but here's my Thursday Thanksgiving.


Well, let's think about this for a minute.  My Dr. is probably fairly close to my age and he still Crews and is on winning teams every year.  I know this because of the photos he has all over his exam room walls.  I'm jealous.  I'll probably never be able to do something like that because of the position you need to be in--knees bent almost to the chest.  My PT told me this morning that some Drs say that hip-replacement patients can never, ever, EVER do that kind of motion again.  Some even say that bending over far enough to tie your shoe is something you should never do.  "Invest in elastic shoe laces" they say. 

 Oh.        My.     Gosh.    

I would say, "what have I gotten myself into?", but honestly, the pain before the surgery is something that would send a person over the edge if it continued, so I guess this is a small reasonable price to pay.  

Anyway, my Dr has told me, at least a dozen times, that I have NO RESTRICTIONS on my activity.  I guess a doctor and a PT have different perspectives on rehabilitation.  Who's right?  I don't know.  I'd like to believe it's the Dr.  But for a while, at least, I'll go with the advice of the PT.  I'm not in the market for a dislocated hip, thank you very much!

This next image has absolutely nothing to do with my Thankful post.  I just hate to create a blog post without an image.  This is one that was taken this past summer when my friend and I went to Saratoga Race Track.  


1 comment:

trishalyn said...

Thankfully, you didn't forget your "Thankful Thursday" altogether. A day late is better than not at all! :-)

Love your Saratoga image!!! Makes me yearn for summer! It will be summer for YOU in a couple of weeks. I'm so envious! :-)