Tuesday, February 12, 2013

A Look At Waikiki
17/365

Today my friend, Jackie, and I took a trip to Waikiki to do some street ocean photography.  It's an awesome place to people-watch and if you hang out there long enough, there's no telling what kind of images you can bring home.  

I had a particular idea in mind, but it didn't work out, so I wound up getting some images that I hadn't planned on.  But really, when you're in a public place like this, usually what you get is a big, happy surprise.

I lugged my tripod with me and I'm glad I did.  I wanted to try some HDR and it was actually pretty successful.  Score!!



There are several surfboard rental kiosks along the beach which lend themselves to some nice still-life. 




After we got done at the beach, we decided to stop at one of our favorite places for a snack.  

2 comments:

trishalyn said...

I'm running out of superlatives to describe your images. Wow...these are gorgeous! In image #1, was that sailboat a lucky surprise, or are you just that good?! :-) Love every one of these. Keep them coming! :-)

~she~ said...

I really love your selections this week! The subjects in the photos would probably love prints!!!