Saturday, March 01, 2008

Saturday, Mar. 1, 2008
March 1st and a Crazy Dream


Okay, well it's March already. Time can slow down any time now and I won't mind. Of course, back in NY everyone is probably wondering when the heck winter will be over.




I had a very strange dream last night. Not that last night was the first time I've had strange dreams, but for some reason I remember practically all of it.




Some friends from my photo group in NY and I decided to take an adult ed. drawing course. Already weird. You know, one of the courses that lasts 6 weeks, two nights a week for two hours a night... Well, we showed up for the first night, and we got there early so the previous class hadn't ended yet and we could tell somehow that the instructor wasn't in a very good mood. Red flag #1.




Classes changed and we all went in along with many other people. There were about 4 long tables set up with chairs, so we began picking seats. One of my friends said she didn't want to stay in the class because there were some people there that she didn't care for, so I got up and we were discussing what other class we might want to take. Couldn't decide on one so I said I was just going to stay. Someone had already taken my seat, and all the others were full, so I was standing there alone. Instructor didn't make any effort to find me a seat. Red flag #2.




I finally squeezed in at a table full of people I didn't know. Red flag #3. All of this was happening while he was taking attendance and doing heaven knows what while the class was supposed to be in session and our two hours was being eaten up with nonsense. #4.




Now an hour of our class time has gone by and not word one about art or drawing or course content. Some of the people around me were beginning to mumble about it. Finally I asked when we would get started because we were losing time and we really wanted to get to the lesson. The instructor, already in a bad mood, didn't appreciate it, we had words, and I decided to leave and go ask for a refund.




Out in the hall I was waiting for the elevator. It didn't come, didn't come and still didn't come. #5. Finally I saw 3-4 people come out of the classroom, one woman was weepy; a bunch of other people and the instructor had had words--it was a disaster. I went over to see what was going on and sure enough the elevator arrived, some people got on and it was gone. While talking to the group, the instructor ran out of the classroom yelling, "I smell smoke" and there by the elevator, smoke was billowing out of the cracks in the doors. Okay, so we all went running down the halls yelling, FIRE, FIRE, to alert everyone. No one seemed too alarmed.




After doing my civic duty of warning everyone of the imminent danger, I decided to go down the stairs to get out of the building--the elevators were kind of out of the question. As I was entering the stairwell, the dream ended. Whew!!

No comments: