Monday, March 03, 2008

Sunday, Mar. 2, 2008

THE NEW CAR
Last weekend, Leah went out and bought a car. Wow, I've never even done that. Pretty gutsy if you ask me. It's a beauty and she's very happy with it. I've already forgotten what kind it is and what year it is, but it only has about 50 thousand miles on it.
Can't even attribute that low mileage to being on the island. I estimate that by the time I turn my car in at the rental place on April 2, there will be at least 3,000 miles on it (remember when I got it, it only had 5 miles), and I don't even have to drive it back and forth to work every day. The miles add up fast.






The parking lot is the one for the school where our church meets.
After church today, we headed over to the home of one of the families for a fellowship lunch. It was nice, as it always is when we can get together for a casual event. Because there is no way to refridgerate the food during church, the church actually provided the food (catered) so that people wouldn't have to go home to get their things before going to the host home. Everyone just hung around for a while and visited. I finally realized I needed to leave.
I was scheduled to attend a mini-photoshop session in Honolulu at 4 pm. and I knew it would take a while to get there. Well it sure did. The traffic was crazy, but I finally got there only a few minutes late. The session was good. It was held in a screened-in lanai, so we were really outdoors doing an indoor thing. Very, very nice!
Aloah for now.

No comments: