Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008


PEOPLE WATCHING
I had some errands to do today, and they took me pretty close to Honolulu. I was going to drive back up to one of the beaches on the north shore, but since I was so close to downtown I decided to go to Ala Moana Beach, which I really like anyway. It was great fun people-watching. I finally decided to get the camera out and see what I could see.
















When it was getting late, I decided to go over to Magic Island, another one of my favorite places. The outrigger practices seem to be done for this year, or at least for now, which was disappointing, but it was still really pleasant to be there. People were jogging and walking, or just sitting and reading. I saw two couples getting married--no wedding parties, just the officiant and photographer. There was a homeless guy playing his guitar. There were some boats coming and going, so I managed to get a few shots, none of which I'm very happy with.






While I was walking along I saw this sight--an easy chair next to a bench. Wonder if it'll be there Friday when we go back to photograph the fireworks?





And then this rainbow. How beautiful!




From where I was on Magic Island you can see the planes after take-off, leaving the island. Everytime one took off I was sad thinking I'd be on one of them in just a week. When someone goes on vacation anywhere off the island, it's said that they are "off-island". So I guess I'll just have to say that I'm going to be "off-island" for the next 9 months, and look forward to returning, God willing.


airplane=Mokulele
airport=kahua ho'olulu mokulele
sailing vessel=moku pe'a
Aloha

No comments: