Saturday, March 15, 2008

Saturday, Mar. 15, 2008

BACK TO THE TEMPLE

Yesterday I decided to go back to the Japanese Temple we had visited a few weeks ago. It was the perfect place to do some infrared shooting. So even though it was cloudy here, I headed out in the hopes that it would be sunny on the windward side of the island. No such luck!

I started out taking color shots, thinking I would just wait and see if the sun would make an appearance. When it finally looked like it was getting brighter, I got the infrared camera out, and low and behold, even though the lcd screen said my battery was okay, it wasn't. So I took out my spare set of batteries and they were no good too. Sigh. But I was comforted by the fact that the sun never really shone brightly the whole time I was there, and the infrared shots wouldn't have been any good anyway.

I spent quite a bit of time just wandering around looking for details and having a blast. Below are some of the results.

By the way, just a reminder that if you'd like to leave a comment, just click on "comment" at the end of the post. Check back because I'll probably reply. Also, I've started a flickr site that will probably have a larger selection of images. If you'd like to go there, the address is flickr.com/photos/paikii2

I have honu duty this afternoon, so you can look forward to more turtle and sunset images. Aloha

No comments: