Friday, July 18, 2008

WALTER ELWOOD MUSEUM ICE-CREAM SOCIAL


Two days ago, the Walter Elwood Museum in Amsterdam, which is a renovated school house, held its annual ice-cream social. It's a lovely old building that causes me an extreme case of nostalgia every time I go there. There's a gift shop in one of the rooms, and different themes in each of the other downstairs rooms. Upstairs is the office, store room, an art room and a gallery. There is a yearly art show in the upstairs gallery that I participate it--


So...the ice-cream social is a fundraiser for the musuem. I've never been before, and I was very surprised at the great turnout. There were vendors, food booths, face-painting, a bouncy-bounce, caricaturists, a dj, wagon rides, and a classic car show. Very impressive. The entire street was closed off.


















Here's the bouncy-bounce. Not too perky, huh? Well, I was busy talking with a friend, when I heard some frantic voices saying, "hurry, get out" and when I turned around the adults were trying to get all the kids out of the collapsing bouncy-bounce. Of course, no one was hurt, it's not like the thing went down with a thud. It just acted like it was fading. It was pretty comical. So I grabbed the camera and got a few shots. The generator had run out of gas, ergo, the collapse of the giraffe. By then, everyone was chuckling. So they hauled another generator in, and the giraffe came back to life and stayed that way for the duration.



No comments: