Friday, May 07, 2010

Day 6 and Jackpot

The daughter of a friend of mine reminded me that she has some artwork hanging in the current art show at the local community college. When I went out today, I decided to take a look. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed the show.

She also reminded me that she used one of my photographs as a model for a painting. That, in itself, is an honor, but when I saw the painting I was really impressed. I know that if I had seen this painting without knowing that it was from one of my photos, I would have thought "how nice it would be to take a photo like that".

After leaving the gallery, I looked across the road and knew I had hit the jackpot. I saw these silos and couldn't resist getting my camera out. I only had my point-and-shoot with me, but it was still fun. I'm sure the drivers that went by wondered what the heck I was doing lying on the shoulder of the road in front of my car, but hey, when you gotta get the shot, you gotta do whatever it takes. It was soooooo fun.


2 comments:

Bridget said...

you really nailed the wire silos!!
love the angle and the last one with the road line is great.
the painting of the hot air balloon is beautiful and the lighting in the gallery is so pretty.
nicely done.

Anonymous said...

I so agree with Bridget..those were the exact thoughts that went through my mind when I looked at the photos for the first time, and I was tickled to read someone else had thought just what I did of each one....Jean