Sunday, May 02, 2010

No Green Thumb

I've had a thought rolling around in my mind for a few weeks. No wise cracks from any of you, by the way! Last year some friends and I challenged each other to taking and posting at least one image a day for a year. We did it, some better than others, and were all relieved when the challenge was over. But since it ended, I've been really remiss in posting to this blog.

Sometimes I'm sad about that, sometimes I'm relieved and sometimes I don't care. But lately, especially in light of the tenacity of one of those members to post every day again, I've been thinking of setting a goal for myself that will last, hold onto your hats folks, one week!! How pathetic...

Today is the first day of the week's commitment. So I went out into my yard to find something to photograph--that in itself is a major challenge since my yard is ugly and boring. I took a few shots, knowing that because there is no green thumb on either of these hands, there isn't even a paltry flower to photograph.

I had to leave soon after that to get to Bible Study, and when I arrived at the church I saw these beautiful flowers on the tree in front of the church. They don't last long and I don't know what they are, but they are soooo sweet when they bloom.

So even though I don't have a green thumb, I can enjoy the beauty that grows around me, nurtured by others who are more gifted and persistent than me.

3 comments:

trishalyn said...

I don't know what they are, either...but they sure are lovely! Beautiful image!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Linda! I know what it is.....it's a "Flowering Plum"..and they are lovely and you are right they only bloom for a short period of time...Many of the flowering trees are now in blossom and I love looking at them as I drive along the streets and roads..
The other shot you should take is that beautiful Lei you wore yesterday at worship....ooo that was so lovely and the scent itself was so enticing.
Lilacs are beginning to bloom..at least the one next to my front porch is blooming and I love sitting in my rocker and smelling that scent too...ah Spring....Jean

Bridget said...

so pink and sooo pretty:)