Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Pot That Cleans Itself

A friend that lives in Canajoharie called me this afternoon and asked if I could help her find a spot to take photos of her daughter the afternoon of her prom. While scoping out a good location, we came across these kids jumping into the Pot.

"Canajoharie" means "the pot that cleans itself". The water flows down across the rocks, falls into this pool (pot), swirls around several times and then continues down the river bed.

Just goes to show, it really is possible to learn something new every day.



On my way home, I had to pass this barn again. I've driven this road many times and always admired the barn, but today I saw that it didn't winter too well this year. Another heart-breaker. It was truly a beautiful structure in it's day.


2 comments:

trishalyn said...

I just reviewed all of your images from the past 2 weeks, and while I can't comment on all of them, I thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them. I especially loved the details you captured at Old Fort Johnson! Also, I was enthralled by your story and photos of the snake. Just proves that you DO need to take your camera everywhere, even to the mailbox...ha...ha!

Terrific job!!! :-)

Bridget said...

very interesting canjo story and nice images to go with it.
so sad about the barn.