Thursday, July 01, 2010

My New Personal Challenge!

My last post was a few days ago. It received several comments about how "simple things" still make good images. Those comments got me thinking...

Maybe "simple" would be a good self-challenge.

During our year-long-one-photo-a-day challenge, I often resorted, through sheer frustration and desperation, to photographing the ordinary and mundane, and probably very boring, subjects in my life, usually in very ordinary, mundane and boring ways. But that was not my intention. My intention was to make outstanding, creative, visionary and noteworthy images that would illicit all sorts of oooohs and aaaahs and maybe even a sale or two.

Needless to say, I fell way short of that mark. So in honor of that meteoric rise to mediocrity, I'm challenging myself to take a photo a day, for one month beginning today, July 1, of something completely ordinary, simple and/or mediocre that I confront at some point during my day. I will, however, try to be a little creative and to make the compositions worth looking at, at least for a few seconds.

So to begin the challenge, I photographed my coffee pot as it was brewing coffee tonight for me to use for ice-coffee tomorrow morning. I had to use house lights, because even though I thought of this challenge this morning, I totally forgot to take a picture until tonight when there wasn't much ambient light. Figures!!

PS--if anyone would like to join me in this one-month challenge, let me know.

1 comment:

trishalyn said...

Love the sepia tone...and I especially love the reflection!!!

Good luck with your one-month challenge...I know you can do it!!! :-)