Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Once Upon a Time . . .

A couple of years ago, once upon a time, some friends and I challenged each other to a year of daily posts--one or more photos that were taken on that day.  No archieval safety nets for us.  Although it was fun, it was pretty agonizing.

I mention that to say this :  this is the 4th day since my last post, and I was feeling pretty sluggish and annoyed with myself that I hadn't taken any photos worth mentioning in  four whole days.  So in desperation, just before it got too dark to make a photo without flash, I grabbed my SLR and tried to get some images of this flower.  Wasn't working.  Then I remembered my trusty point-and-shoot, which can do amazing macro work. 

So in spite of the fact that I can't hold that little, itty-bitty camera as still as I'd like to, and the light was fading at amazing speed, and there was just a wee tiny breeze, I think these images are okay.  Not great, not tack sharp, but nice enough to show off the flower.

I know, I know, you're thinking that there are four almost identical images, and what the heck was I thinking, posting all four of them, when one would have been just fine, thank you very much.  Well.  I just felt like it!  I think that each slightly different angle is interesting.  And it's my blog, and I can post what I want.  (actually the main reason there are 4 images here is that I couldn't decide which I liked the best)

So there ya go...




2 comments:

~she~ said...

I actually like the top best and the bottom second best. They're all totally different to me!

trishalyn said...

This is a beautiful flower, Linda! Do you know the name of it?

#1 is my favorite because in my opinion, that image has the best lighting. But they are all lovely!