Friday, July 01, 2011

A Beautiful Friday

Today was one of those days.  You know, the kind that just flows along without any unexpected happenings, the kind that leaves you feeling totally content and appreciative of the
blessings that come your way.

It began with sunny, blue skies and a weather report that said,
"low humidity" and "no rain today". 
Then breakfast at the country store with some friends followed by
a little puttering around the house.

 Then, finally, a bike ride.
I say finally because, with all the rain and a crazy schedule,
I haven't been able to get out for a ride in quite a while.

I went on the bike path again, but in a different direction. 
Gotta mix it up to keep from getting bored.

I passed the Yankee Hill Lock and on my way back, detoured to see if
there were any photo ops.  It's a pretty tame area--one I've photogrphed many times
before, so it's difficult for me to get too inspired. 

This is the historical general store for the canal stop. 
It's just the building, nothing for sale inside now.


The next image is the general store from the inside looking out.


Later in the afternoon I made an appearance at a birtday party for Lauren. 
She's turning 7. 
It was another one of those, "oh my gosh, how did that happen,
wasn't she born just a few months ago?" occasions.


All the little girls got these funky sunglasses. 
A few stray pairs were left behind and Mace and his girlfriend
were happy enough to pose with their new "shades" for me.



So, all-in-all, it was a beautiful Friday.

1 comment:

trishalyn said...

And now you have beautiful photos to remember your beautiful Friday! :-)

Love the portraits of your grandson and his girlfriend, modeling their new "shades!"