Monday, July 04, 2011

Desperation

I actually got a lot accomplished today.  Laundry, a short visit with my daughter, a medium-long bike ride before it got too hot, bills paid, and I watched a movie.  Okay, so not everything I did was super-productive, but, hey, it's a holiday and I didn't have any deadlines to meet.

But this afternoon I began getting a little restless.  As the sun was getting lower in the sky, the light was getting more and more beautiful and I wanted to get out and do some photography.  Desperation was setting in though.  Where to go and what to photograph?--that was the predicament.

So I headed over to Riverlink Park in Amsterdam.  I didn't really expect much, but it's someplace I haven't been in a long time.  Reality met my expectations.  Although it was still a beautiful day, and it was a nice place to spend a little time, I was not at all inspired--

except...

on the bridge crossing the railroad tracks. 
A little hdr.


And a little shooting through chain link.

4 comments:

trishalyn said...

Well, it sure looks like you were inspired to me! I LOVE these images!!! :-)

J Murray said...

We always end up taking tons of photos on this bridge!!!
Did a train come thru?
I love to take pics there of the stairs, the fence, the bricks, the water line... I like repetitive images. Friday I took photos there of the big anchor and some of the signs. I will post them soon - just haven't had time.

Bridget said...

love both of these images.nice work.

Anonymous said...

A Pacific cycles Gasoline & Power Company The website would be the property of Emporer Edward Island's legislature and also a ancient getting Nike Air Max together with 146 in the past in which paved the way intended for Canada's ultimate marriage along with self-relianceNited kingdom, has the capacity Ed Hardy Shop to territory with normal water due to the amphibious hullNited kingdom, has the capacity to territory with normal water due to the amphibious Burberry cheap hull Celebrity Tess Benger, Twenty three, that does since Anne in a engage in, offered Kate a replica on the bookmirielle "We ought Cheap Air Max to incorporate more challenging safe practices standardsYour regal set pleased the several 1000 men and women gathered to begin simply by jogging over Air Max 2011 to move hands and prevent for any rapid speak, although some given these people flowers, like the east coast Canadian flower, Lupins, and Cheap Air Max Shoes also hand-held Canadian red flags, though nipping picsThe particular California Admin regarding Talk about site says Baja Sportfishing's company licenses have been danglingThis air jordan clearance U