Friday, September 05, 2008

Trivia questions #3


Okay, question #3--What does a very disgruntled wife do while her husband is finalizing the purchase of yet, another brand new motorcycle?
Answer--She gets out the tranquilizer (camera) and gets busy documenting the event. Today we drove to Syracuse so Frank could take possession of his new toy. During the time (which was significant, by the way) it took to finalize the transaction, I wandered around the showroom and tried to be as creative as I could considering the the cluttered nature of the environment. Check out the price tag in this photo. Gasp!!! (not Frank's bike)




Frank's bike is a technologically up-to-date reincarnation of a 1959 motorcycle. I'm not sure, but I think he owned the original too.






This is a reflection photo of a gas tank decorated as the British flag.




As you can see from the plate on the bike, this Bonneville is the 254th bike of a 650 limited edition. I guess that's as good a reason as any to buy it. Wonder if I can use that excuse to buy myself a new camera??? hmmmmm...








When we got done at the bike shop, of course we had to go eat lunch. Among other things, Syracuse is known for their Dinosaur Barbecue place. It's really a neat place, and its reputation precedes it--it's practically always jammed. Of course, finding a place to park is a trick, but after going around the block(s) about 5 times, I finally hit pay dirt.




Right in front of the restaurant is "motorcycle" parking, and as you can see, there's no lack of them...




So we finally got home late in the afternoon. I was really glad I was in the car with the air-conditioning--it was hot and muggy.


FYI--if you chew gum while cutting an onion, you won't cry. (info passed on to the public by a disc jockey who had found it on the underside of a Snapple lid). I'll have to try it some time.

No comments: