Saturday, April 02, 2011

Semper Fi

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I would be photographing a military retirement ceremony.  Well, that ceremony took place last Saturday.  I finally pulled myself together tonight long enough to edit some of the images so I could post them on this blog.  I did, after all, commit to having an album available on my website by next Saturday, so I figured I'd better get myself in gear.  I keep thinking there were definite advantages to shooting film.  ie--take the pictures, take them to the lab.  Check.

Anyway, following are just a few of the images from last Saturday.  The Marine, a Master Gunnery Sgt., proudly served his country for 30 years.  His retirement was bittersweet.  It was a beautiful ceremony and a beautiful day.  (the only thing that would have made it better for me would have been blue skies--I've photographed this monument with a blue sky--it's amazing).







3 comments:

trishalyn said...

A lovely photo essay...full of emotion! I'll have to check out the album on your website!

Anonymous said...

and God Bless them all for their service.

Anonymous said...

Did 16 years in the Corps. As sad as it is> It's always good to see a Marine going back to his/her family. Semper Fi Top.