Monday, October 17, 2011

A Good Day

Today was one of those "stay at home and do whatever I want to" days.  They are few and far between and I really enjoy them when I get the chance.

I started out  by trying to make a photo card for a friend of mine.  Had to edit the image, put the shadow on it, then create the template for the card, import the image and then try to align everything correctly so that when it printed everything would be in the correct place. 

So while I was doing that I flipped on the TV and found a great movie to watch.  If you want to see a "feel good" movie, get "Operation Dumbo Drop".  The movie is based on a true situation that took place during the Viet Nam war.  I know that the terms "feel good" and "Viet Nam war" in the same sentence might seem like an oxymoron to some of you, but really, it's a great movie...

After completing the card, I packaged up some items my son wanted sent to him and headed off to the post office.  But before I left I googled a recipe for Pumpkin Choc. Chip cookies, just in case I needed to buy any of the ingredients.  Sure enough, I couldn't find any pumpkin puree in the house, even though I was sure I had a can of it and about three pkgs of frozen pumpkin.  None to be found, so I went on a search and rescue mission after stopping at the PO.

The pumpkin I found was Libby brand and while putting the ingredients together I tasted the puree.  Ick.  No flavor at all which really surprised me for being a name-brand. 



The finished cookies look okay but according to the wee little taste I took, they taste like regular chocolate chip cookies.  So I guess my next mission is to get out there and buy some cooking pumpkins at a farm stand and try the recipe again with the real thing.  


I have a fun meeting tonight and then home to watch what will be left of Dancing With the Stars.  Altogether it's been a good day!

3 comments:

Penny's Portraits said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :) Looks like we have a few things in common!
I also love those days - stay at home and do as you please! Nothing better!!

trishalyn said...

I treasure those "stay-at-home" days, too! Your cookies look delicious! :-)

~she~ said...

I have a good recipe for pumpkin cake with cream cheese frosting! It would not be good for my diet but would make a great blog post!!!