Monday, October 24, 2011

Inspiration and Determination

A few weeks ago I decided that I had had enough of being overweight.  No matter what I tried on my own, I wasn't able to lose a pound--mostly because I didn't stick to what I was doing.  And as we all know, the older more mature one gets, the harder it is for one to lose the weight. 

So I got inspired and determined.  I decided to go on nurtri-system.  I did it for a month last year and lost a nice bit of weight.  I'm giving myself three months to do it this year.  (if I can persevere, that is...this is NOT fun!)

Anyway, one of the bloggers that I follow (she-she-says.blogspot.com) challenged her followers to join her in her quest to be more careful about what she's eating and to shed a few pounds.  It's nice to have someone to be accountable to.  But just so you know, as I sit here writing this, I'm gnawing on my finger and dreading thinking about the fact that it's still 3 hours till dinner-time.    My goal is to lose 20 lbs by Christmas.  I think that's doable.


Another self-improvement project was to get my hair cut.  I'm very lazy about my hair.  I don't want to fuss with it, never have, never will, so my cut has to be one that enables me to wash and go.  As in, walk out the door while it's still wet and have it air dry in some semblance of a decent look. 

It's been 10 1/2 months since I cut it last, and I was having (totally unrealistic) expectations of once again enjoying long hair--you know, clip it back, pony tail, leave it loose, blowing in the wind.  Not!  Newsflash--one CANNOT regain one's youth by letting one's hair grow long.  It only makes you look ridiculous and it's more work than it's worth.

So I made an emergency appointment at my hairdresser's, bit the bullet, and went back to short (kinda) hair.  I couldn't quite figure out how to hold the camera in this first picture so you can see what it looked like before the cut.


While my hairdresser was working on the cut, it occured to me to hold the camera the other way.  Duh!  Sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake.  But at least you can see what the final results are.  And you know how it is when you get a cut.  It never again looks as good as it does while you're sitting in the chair.  So this is as good as it'll get, but I'm happy...



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah Linda....I love it ...it takes 10 years off of your looks...I loved this cut when you came back from Hawaii with it short. Looking good girl!!

~she~ said...

Oh crap, I just ate a cupcake and you're making me feel really guilty about it! (I wasn't going to confess this to you but I feel like, in some way, you already knew!)

trishalyn said...

As I read the first line of your posting, I KNEW "~she~said" was your source of inspiration! Way to go...hang in there! :-)

And I LOVE your new hairdo!!! I loved it when you came back from Hawaii with it, and I still love it. It's very becoming on you, and Anonymous is right...it does make you look younger!

Good luck on achieving your goal, and remember, I'm just a phone call away if you get the urge to fall off the wagon! :-)

P.S. I find it rather ironic that my word verification is "CAKEne"...LOL!