Monday, October 10, 2011

North Creek

So today, two friends and I took a train ride to North Creek.  You might be thinking to yourself, 'okay, why would a train be going to North Creek, and exactly what is there to do in North Creek once the train arrives there?'

Hmmm, I had the very same thoughts when I saw the flyer for the trip.  I mean, I've been through North Creek and I guarantee it's not a thriving metropolis.  Actually, it's not a metropolis of any kind, and it's pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Always on the lookout for a new experience and a new photo opportunity, I decided to take the trip anyway, and fortunately two of my friends agreed to go along. 

However, Indian Summer decided to return with a vengeance today.  The train was very warm on the way there, and a veritable sauna on the way home. No a/c, no breeze, and hardly any view to speak of.  In spite of that, we did manage to have some great conversation, a yummy lunch at one of the local restaurants and some fun taking photos in front of a wonderful mosaic mural.


Back at the train depot, we saw this old car off to the side.  Not the best abandoned car specimen I've every seen, but it will do.

1 comment:

trishalyn said...

Image #1 - hey...where's Flat Stanley? We should have set him down on the ground. :-)

Image #2 - is that strictly HDR? Or did you add a filter? It's amazing!

Love both photos...great posting!!!