Sunday, January 15, 2012

Happiness
13/365

As with most words, there are several definitions for the word "happiness".  The one I'm using here is:  good fortune, pleasure, contentment, joy.  An explaination below the definiton in the online dictionary states: it results from the possession or attainment of what one considers good.

In my adult life, I've know one mom who would rather have cut off her hand than take her children to Disney Land.  Too commercial, too worldly, too cliche.  But she's the only one I ever met that felt that way.  Everyone else either did manage to take their kids to one of the Disney wonderland at least once, or always dreamt of it.  So, in a way, I guess you could define the experience of being there as happiness.

Here on Oahu there's a Disney Resort, as I mentioned in my previous post.  Not a theme park.  It's beautiful!  Right on the beach!  There are Disney Characters walking around, they offer a Character breakfast (at breathtaking prices I hear), and I think there are other "events" on the grounds.  I'll find out more later. 

My daughter is a waitress there.  I think that's happiness for her, at least for now.


Watching sunset from the lanai of the restaurant.


A small chapel on the grounds.  There was a bride on the beach having her photo taken. 
Kind of like something you'd see on TV.


I have to confess--I didn't take these shots today.  Church took up a large part of the day, and right now I have no inspiration for the topic.  I told you I'm not good at conceptual ideas.

1 comment:

trishalyn said...

Beautiful images, Linda! I especially love #1...the angle of view, deep blue sky, and the interesting building all combine to make a winning image.