Monday, August 10, 2009

Buck Mountain

Another hike today. This time we went to Buck Mountain, in the Lake George area. It's a 3.3 mile trip (each way) with a 2,000 foot ascent. Okay, so that's pretty darned steep! I did this hike two different times before, but that was about 15 years ago. I remembered that it was pretty steep and that there was a lot of rock-face in the last mile. My memory was correct. OM Gosh--it was a tough hike.

We dodged the rain bullet. Not a drop for us, and we even had some periods of sun.

This is the summit marker. (You'd think after all that effort to reach the top that there would be something a little more dramatic, but this is all there is.)

Not sure what lake this is, we weren't able to identify it.

The next several images show Lake George. Very cloudy, but the view was still pretty spectacular.

So next weekend is the BIG ONE--Mt. Marcy. I'm already beginning to hyperventilate!

5 comments:

trishalyn said...

Wow, Linda, these are terrific!!! I love them all, but my heart practically stopped at the next-to-last-one! I love the layers formed by the different elements, and all the shades of blue/green offset by the rock in the foreground. I would love to see this one matted, framed, and hanging on my wall!!! BTW...I am very proud of you and your hiking abilities...as well as following through on this goal of yours. Way to go!!!! :-)

J.L.Velez said...

Firstly, your shots for the past week have been great. I love the pictures of Lauren and Jacob and of the mailboxes and bumper stickers. Really nice shots! The view from the mountain looks splendid and serene. Good luck with Mount Marcy next weekend! I'm sure it will be an adventure:)

Framing Images and Memories said...

Wonderful landscapes. I so appreciate the views on top of a mountain..makes the climb worth it!
I can't wait to see and hear about Mt. Marcy! You should be proud of yourself, this has been a challenge and you are more than living up to it.

philmary said...

You must feel great that you are in such good shape(poet?).What was the hike down like? I remember I was singing The Battle Hymn of the Republic and carrying new born Margaret going down sort of a wash.

Bridget said...

beautiful images of lake george.