Sunday, August 30, 2009

I'll Catch Up Sooner or Later

And yet another late post. This one is for yesterday (Sat).

Yesterday was my birthday. It rained and I sat around all day doing just about nothing except checking facebook and watching sweet movies on the Hallmark Channel. Ooops, I did do one constructive thing: vacuum.

Anyway, my day was brightened when I opened my present from my husband. You know that "ridiculously bad sense of direction" I mentioned a couple of days ago? Well, my husband is well aware of it--can't count the number of arguments we've had in the car because of it--so my gift was a brand-spanking-new-GPS. HOORAY!!! I had one about two years ago, but it began malfunctioning and when my husband questioned whether it could be repaired he was told that the cost would probably be prohibitive. Ergo--the new one!

So I spent the evening programing it and will probably give it a test run today--you know, like program in the church address cause it's always iffy if I'll make it there without getting lost (just kidding).

Oh, and a treat for dinner: pizza (that I didn't make even though I actually like mine best) and wings--both of which I didn't have to go fetch myself. Quite the treat!

5 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Fantastic gift! I love pizza:) So how do you like it? Does it work well?

Zezee's View said...

What a great day, a gift to open and you didn't have to cook!

Anonymous said...

happy belated b'day!

not having to cook, is such a treat!

enjoy your gps, we do, even though she's always saying "recalculating"...hmmm..i wonder why? lol

trishalyn said...

Sounds like you had a PERFECT birthday!!!

Boy, we could have used your GPS a few years ago when we drove home from Massachusetts...do you remember? :-)

Bridget said...

how nice when a thoughtful husband gets it right:)
sounds like a super birthday.
happy belated.