Saturday, August 22, 2009

Tenacious

This weekend, from Thur. to Sat., Ft. Hunter was celebrating Fireman's Days. There were rides and food vendors on site. I wasn't able to get over there until late this afternoon, but by the time I got there, around 5, they were tearing down the rides and packing up. Surprise! I thought, for sure, that they would be open this evening.

So, having missed that photo op, I rode on down the road to the lock. A place where I'm completely uninspired, but I didn't want to just turn around and go home.

These first three shots are just of the foliage that tenaciously grows every year in every crevice and hole in the stone. It constantly amazes me. So even though the images aren't very spectacular, God's creation is.

This image below is looking down into the water with the greenery growing out from the side.



The light was really beautiful when I was there, and seeing it shine on the building was very pleasant considering the dreary weekend we've had.

5 comments:

trishalyn said...

These are all great, Linda, but the last one (of that gorgeous light hitting the side of the building) just about took my breath away!!! My 2nd favorite is the second image...great composition...love the dark, wavy water as a background for the green foliage.

Sorry you missed your Fireman's Day photo op, but after seeing these images, I'm glad you did!
:-)

philmary said...

When you were up on Mt Marcy did you see any tree roots going onto rocks..These images are small plants but I wonder if you saw the power of trees to effect stones structure ..

The light on the house is that delicate afternoon sun. I tried to get it in one of my posts .You got it here nicely

The second image is good also..The plant has flowered

J.L.Velez said...

I love the last few because that beautiful lighting is perfect!

Framing Images and Memories said...

As the others, I think the light in the last photp is outstanding. That is the perfect sun position that we all would love to utilize.

Bridget said...

the last 2 are beautiful!!!!
great job.