Monday, August 24, 2009

The Old Mill?

While I was out today, running an errand at the post office, I decided to take a ride over to this old mill (at least that's what I think it is) in Fonda. I love this building, but it sits there year after year, decaying a little more each day, and it makes me sad. It's such a classy old building--I wish someone would buy it and restore it, if not to it's original layout, at least to a functional building of some kind.

I did notice a "For Sale By Owner" sign on the property, so maybe someone will rescue it from an almost certain demise...

3 comments:

Bridget said...

great series linda!!!!
the b&w really works.
hard to pick a favorite.

trishalyn said...

My thoughts exactly!!! Rather ironic, isn't it, that something so old and decayed looking can be so beautiful? These are all keepers, Linda...great eye!!!

Framing Images and Memories said...

Terrific series of photos. I wish we would either rescue or return land to a park or grass as these structures become eye sores. On the other hand, they are great subjects. nice job.