Friday, August 14, 2009

You're Gonna Miss This
(late post for Thurs)

The Thursday assignment, given by Steve this week, was to choose a song and connect the photos to the lyrics. After seeing everyone else's post, Steve said he was happy to see that it wasn't as difficult for everyone as he thought it would be. Well....it was difficult for me. Being the concrete thinker that I am, I really struggled with coming up with a song (which one should I pick?, I like so many of them). So in my true "this-is-too-hard-for-me-I-think-I-just-won't-do-it" fashion, I almost ignored it.

Yesterday afternoon I attended another photo meetup at the Altamont Fair. Another chance to shoot moving rides and nighttime scenes. On my way home, the song, "You're Gonna Miss This" by Trace Adkins started going through my head. Even though this is a loose interpretation of the song, I decided to use some of these images to illustrate the words.

Of course I can't remember the refrain in total, but the song describes:

*a teenaged girl who can't wait to grow up
*a young married woman in her first apartment who can't wait to
have her own house and babies
*the same woman in her house with crying babies, a ringing phone
and barking dogs,
apologizing to the plumber for the chaos

His response to her:

They don't bother me,
I've got two babies of my own,
One's 36, one's 23
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back...

So as I was wandering around the fair, I was wishing I could tell all the teenagers, the parents with young children and even the older folks, to enjoy this, because, "these are some good times, you're gonna miss this".





Another reminder to myself to enjoy the moment--whatever that moment may be, because once it's gone, it can never be retrieved. Basically: Stop and Smell the Roses!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

very inspiring.
you got some AWESOME pix!!!

J.L.Velez said...

Great shots, great song lyrics and a meaningful reminder.

trishalyn said...

LOVE these TERRIFIC fair images!!! And you are so right about enjoying the moment, whatever that moment may be. Wonderful job with the assignment, Linda!

ninth sunn said...

your photos reflected well too the song lyric in many aspects. life is like a merry go round. it says it all. great job!