Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thursday's 360 Degree Assignment

The assignment for today, given by Trish, was to stop whatever we were doing at 4 pm. Take a photo of whatever we were looking at, turn 90 degrees and take another shot, turn 90 degrees for another shot and turn the final 90 degrees for the last shot. Those 4 photos are at the end of this post.

I'm beginning with the start of the day. Two days ago, hubby went deep sea fishing. This morning he decided to fillet the fish he caught. Lauren was entranced!

Later in the morning I packed up the grandkids with some snacks and we headed off to Saratoga to the pool in the state park.

I remembered this story: once upon a time there was a young girl who loved to swim. When she went to college she discovered that she could take some courses that would grant her the right to become a life-guard. She was so excited that she enrolled in the classes right away and in no time flat she had obtained her WSI card and her Senior Life Saving certificate.

During Christmas break she applied for a Life-guard position at a private swim club in the town she lived in. She was hired!

When this young girl returned home for summer break, she began her job right away. Although it was often quite boring and tedious, she loved what she was doing. She never forgot that summer...

Okay, so the young girl was me. While I was at the pool with the grandkids, I remembered that time in my life... Yeah, I'd do it again if I could go back and relive those years.


So. There was this flume slide at the pool. Mace didn't think it was exciting enough to do twice...

but Jacob had a few goes at it.

Lauren didn't meet the height limit, so she headed back to the pool.

Now for the assignment. I didn't manage to remember to do this at 4 pm. It was 4:50 when I thought of it, so I ran outside and this is the result. Very, very boring and uninspired, but I love the project and applaud Trish for coming up with such a creative idea.




3 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

good job with the assignment and with all of the photos here. Being a pool would be refreshing! Where is a photo of you coming down the water slide?

trishalyn said...

LOVE the photos of your grandchildren at the pool!!! (When did they get so grown-up looking?) So glad you took your camera, because you captured such great memories. The fish image was rather interesting...not a job I'd want, though! :-) Thanks for completing the assignment...I love that last image!

J.L.Velez said...

Love the pool shots, definitely captures the day for you and memories as well. Good job with the assignment.