Thursday, September 03, 2009

Goodnow Mountain

Today was hike day. We headed up north on Rt. 30. The trailhead for Goodnow Mt. is past Long Lake. A long drive, but on such a beautiful day as this, it wasn't a problem.

On my way to Amsterdam this morning at 6:30 am, this is what I saw. This time I pulled over to the side of the road to get the shot.

We saw this tree --very interesting

This is a horse barn, about halfway up the two mile hike.





On the way down the tower.

The hike was two miles each way. A reasonable ascent. But the 360 degree view from the fire tower was fantastic.

On the way home, we stopped at a restaurant in Indian Lake for dinner. It, too, was fantastic.

By the way, for some reason I never received the assignment for this Thursday. I didn't know what it was until I read the other blogs. I'll try to do it by the end of the weekend.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

that tree is so neat!

ya never know what you'll find :)

glad you had a good day with the girls!

Zezee's View said...

Great shots and that tree is very unique! Good for you for hiking and I agree - views from a fire tower are terrific!

J.L.Velez said...

Nice shots of your day. Especially of the girls resting. Glad you enjoyed it!

trishalyn said...

Loved this series!!! Interesting subjects plus unique angles equals terrific images! :-) Thanks for sharing your day with us...I enjoyed every one of these!!!

Framing Images and Memories said...

That sunrise shot is superb..I love the fog and the bright colors coming over the horizon. Another fun hike huh? I recognize that tree, over the rock. I remember thinking at the time what living things will do to survive.

Bridget said...

nice series!
the fog/sun pix is awesome and the hiking pictures all good.i esp liked the one looking up at the tower and the stairs going down.
loved the one of the happy campers:)

ninth sunn said...

adding to the above, your foggy sunrise is phenomenal! I've some pictures of the over size roots trees as yours. i will post them some day. it's pretty breath taking to see such trees are still standing up to this date.
seems a great day & place for hiking.

philmary said...

Did you decolorize the picture in front of the horse barn? The green and the grey are apealing and blend with the barn..

You had a discussion in another post about the tenacity of living things