Sunday, September 06, 2009

Last Thursday's Assignment

Today I decided to give myself an assignment: to use only my wide-angle lens. So when I went out late this afternoon, that was the only lens I had with me. As I was driving down Rt. 5S and realizing that I was losing light pretty quickly, I decided to get a shot of this structure and see how it would look. With that lens (almost a fish-eye) I was able to stand within mere feet of the yellow staircase.

Then I used Photoshop Elements to transform it into bw in honor of last Thursday's assignment that I didn't do.........until now.

While I was still at the site, I stepped back and took a wide-angle shot of the structure, and then made it bw too.


5 comments:

Zezee's View said...

All great shots - I do like the first one the best.

trishalyn said...

I really love the first set! The color image is beautiful...I love the blue sky...it ties in nicely with the blue barrel...and the bold yellow platform sets is all off. But then I viewed the b/w...wow..that is terrific...and gets my vote as BEST OF SHOW! :-) Wonderful job with the assignment...I'm glad you did it!

J.L.Velez said...

The last shot has a dramatic feel to it with the clouds. Great overall series.

philmary said...

I like the third image ..I love a high blue sky

ninth sunn said...

you did a great job converting them into bw. great contrast! both of your bw are my favourites without a doubt.