Tuesday, September 29, 2009

One More Day!!!

Tomorrow, September 30, is the last day of our year-long "Photo a Day Challenge". Wow. It's been a long, long year. Sometimes it's been fun, sometimes frustrating, sometimes downright aggravating. But it has always been worth it.

This challenge has stretched my imagination, my patience, my creativity and my tenacity. I have often joyfully embraced the obligation to find a daily photograph, and just as often I have wanted to toss the camera across the room in frustration. I've photographed some exciting events and some completely mundane objects. Usually the images have been of subjects somewhere between the sublime and the ridiculous.

One of the major benefits of this challenge has been watching the growth and creativity of my fellow "challenge" partners. It's been a joy and inspiration to see your work each day and to see how you've grown as photographers throughout the year.

So I thank you, my friends, for joining in on this challenge. I'll miss your daily postings, but hopefully we'll all continue to post at least once, if not more, a week.

It will be interesting to see where we go from here. It's very true that when one door is closed, another opens. I'm excited to see what doors open for each of us. God bless you all on your travels through those doors.

Speaking of travels, my baby is on his way.

His bed is empty every night.

His desk stays clean and neat--no computer or dirty dishes.

He's on his way to Alaska. Some new doors are opening for him. God bless you, Caleb.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great writings, i'm going to miss all of the mvp photo's

what up for caleb in alaska?

i also wish him well there ;)

trishalyn said...

OOOOOH, what a cute baby! Now Caleb is all grown up. His bedroom looks so lonely.
:-( I wish him well...and mom, too!

Here's to new beginnings! :-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

I agree with your sentiments about the challenge of photographing daily. There was a lot of growth had by all and I know we are all proud of our efforts. It has been a pleasure to get to know individuals more deeply and, as you have shared photos and stories, we get to peek into the lives of friends and family.

J.L.Velez said...

Final day...hope it has been all you hoped for. Best of blessings to Caleb in Alaska!

Anonymous said...

such an adorable baby!

Anonymous said...

The photo of Caleb made my eyes puddle up..remembering that sweet baby and the delightful young man he grew into...I shall miss his smiles on Sunday and the way he always made me feel he was really glad to see me...I hold him in prayer and will look forward to updates about him....send him my love, Jean