Thursday, October 01, 2009

Life in A Small Town

I think I've mentioned this before. The town I live in covers a large geographic area, but the center of town is basically an intersection. At the intersection is a small general store that was owned and operated by three generations of the same family--until a few years ago. Fortunately, it's still in operation now and it's still, besides the local church, the social center of the community.

Every Thursday night, dinner is served. Tonight it was chicken & biscuits, one of my favorite dishes.





On the short walk to the store, (maybe 1/10 mile) signs dot the roadside, giving testimony, along with the brisk temperature, that it is truly Fall.

4 comments:

trishalyn said...

Great shots...you told the whole story with your images!

I was so happy to find your posting! I'm going to miss keeping up with everyone's daily activities.

Anonymous said...

i too will miss keeping up with the mvp bunch

hopefully it really doesn't end!

Anonymous said...

i think santa claus stopped in for some chicken 'n biscuits too! ha!

ninth sunn said...

hate keep repeating myself but "what a great character shop!". so cozy...i wouldn't mind trying out this chicken biscuits. trying to think what it is.