Monday, October 05, 2009

Apple Pie?

My friend and I took our second annual trip to the apple orchard in Kinderhook. (well, she's been there many times, but it was only my second trip with her) After wandering around for a while, we made our selections. These apples are patiently waiting to be made into apple pie. My family, however, is probably not so patiently waiting. Guess I'll have to dust off my pie-making skills and get started...


Some scenes from the apple orchard.


After making our purchases, we headed to Valatie (pronounced as though there's an "a" at the end of the word--Valatia) for lunch. Now, I've heard of this place, but I've never been there and neither had my friend. It was only a short distance from the orchard, but we had to negotiate one of those traffic round-abouts, fondly nick-named (by me) as a "road block from hell". Pardon the swear word, but that's about as family-friendly as I can be on this blog, considering how I really feel about these traffic nightmares. I managed to get around it without killing either of us, or anyone else for that matter, and just down the road we arrived at the cafe we were looking for.

What a cute little place this town is. I grabbed a few shots just standing in one spot before we went in to eat. They aren't "art", but maybe you can get the feel for how sweet this main street is.


After we were done eating, we went into this little toy store. How sweet!! It's a small shop, but loaded with all kinds of unique games and toys. I managed to do a little Christmas shopping, and they even wrapped my gifts (in Christmas paper) free of charge. Wow!

Then home we went. A fun day with a good friend.

4 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Sounds like the perfect day and some nice shots to boot. Glad you had fun with your friend!

Framing Images and Memories said...

Quaint little towns are the best in the Northeast. I wish we had more of them, in good shape. And that's a lot of apples!

trishalyn said...

I really enjoyed your story and all of these lovely images! I especially love the first one...the natural lighting is just gorgeous! And I love the angle/perspective of the pic with the baskets of apples. Super post!!! :-)

ninth sunn said...

hey welcome back!...& need i ask if you like italy? hope you enjoyed yourself.
your photos painted me how i would imagine america with all your little towns. so cute & such character. the apples look delicious. great captured!