Friday, October 02, 2009

Monticano, Italy

My trip to Italy is over, but there are many, many images to sort through. The last day we were there, three of us stayed "home" to rest and take images of the bed & breakfast, Podernovo di Monticano, and the town of Monticano itself.

I decided to use my soft focus filter for a change, so during our walk to town most of the images I shot were with this filter.

Later when we returned to the b&b, I took the filter off. This vase was originally in the dining room, but I loved the textures of the rock wall, the vase, the drying flowers, the bench and the color palette.

5 comments:

trishalyn said...

I really like the first image, but OOOOOOH...that 2nd one is gorgeous!!! The beautiful lighting, interesting textures, terrific composition equals a keeper!

Looking forward to many more photos from your trip to Italy!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

the first one is my favorite..I loved the stone of the building, the color of the shutter and its shadow against the wall and the softness of the curtain..I could almost feel the slight breeze blowing causing the curtain to stir..wonderful....Jean

Framing Images and Memories said...

I like the soft focus. It fits the subjects very well. Both images are wonderful. I could see both being used to advertise the B&B.

J.L.Velez said...

Really great shots and textures from the walls. That's definitely what I was picturing in my mind as Italy!

ninth sunn said...

so simple & yet such great shots! love the stone walls. most of these buildings are listed & quite right too!