Monday, October 12, 2009

Columbus Day Football Game

Mace had a football game this morning. The day dawned bright and cold (32 degrees). The game was at 10 am. I gathered up all my gear: seat cushion, sleeping bag, camera, money for coffee and triple layer of clothing, and headed down to the field. By then it had warmed up somewhat, the sun was still shining and the air was very still. It turned out to be a beautiful let's-go-and-watch-the-football-game day. The sleeping bag stayed folded on the bleacher next to me and I even had to shed one layer.

As in the previous game I attended a few weeks ago, the one in which my friend's grandson played, I sat on the bleachers for just so long when I couldn't resist going down onto the track to get my photos.

When I did, Mace caught a pass and ran the yards for the first down. Nice going, Mace. Serendipity is a wonderful thing. He was on the same side of the field as I was and I was in just the right spot. (In another play on the far side of the field, Mace ran with the ball and was tackled so close to the goal line that his head was on the line--a touchdown followed)

Following is the progression of the run, pass, catch and more run for the 1st down.






4 comments:

trishalyn said...

Terrific action shots, Linda! Images are crisp, clean, and saturated with color. Nice capture...and glad you were there for your grandson!!!

Was that a home game? I worked today, and wondered what all the traffic was about...cars were zipping in and out all morning! :-)

Bridget said...

awesome series!
he wll love these now and in years to come!

J.L.Velez said...

Still can't believe how tall he is! Good progression of shots. Glad you could capture the moment!

ninth sunn said...

great action shots. you should frame some. i' sure he would be proud...of you taken the shots as well as his great moment.