Sunday, September 20, 2009

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Well, I finally have my wits about me (a little anyway), and a fast enough internet connection to catch up on posting my images.

So here goes:

SEPT. 9

Our plane, seen as we were waiting in the plane terminal. Reminds me of the song by Peter, Paul & Mary--Leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again...

SEPT. 10

SEPT. 11

SEPT. 12

Overlooking Florence through the balustrade

SEPT. 13

An Abbey Ruin

SEPT. 14

SEPT. 15

SEPT. 16

SEPT. 17

SEPT. 18

The "Group" plus the instructor in front of our "home away from home".

SEPT 19

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!

Sept. 19 is the day we drove back to the airport in Rome. It was a three hour drive. Then security. Then restrooms. Then boarding the plane. We were separated but near each other. The flight was 8 hours.

The plane landed on time and our shuttle was there to drive us from JFK to Albany. My son picked me up in Albany and I arrived home around 11 pm. I finally got to bed by midnight, and when I woke up at 5 am, one of my first thoughts was

I can't believe it--I completely forgot to take a picture yesterday!!! Oh aaarrghhh! I only spent the last 10 days doing almost nothing but taking pictures, and then I go and forget to take one of the trip home.

So no trophy for me this time.

SEPT 20

My baby is leaving. Caleb and Brian left this afternoon to drive to Missouri to deliver this snowmobile to Caleb's friend. The friend is in the military and has been transferred to Alaska. Brian will return home, and Caleb and Rob will drive to Alaska.

Caleb plans on staying there and looking for a job.

No idea when he'll return to NY.

I'm sad.

5 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Wow..beautiful photos. I hope you had the best trip with great weather. Your photos are stunning and Im sure there are so many more for you to share. Alaska..wow..great adventures ahead!

trishalyn said...

WELCOME HOME!!!

Loved your beautiful photos! I can't wait to hear all about your trip...and see more of your stunning work!

My heart is breaking with you over Caleb's departure...but what an exciting adventure for him. But now you have an excuse to travel to Alaska...just think of the photo ops awaiting you!!!
:-)

P.S. Sorry about losing out on the trophy!

Zezee's View said...

Your photos are great and I,also, can't wait to hear about your trip.

Bridget said...

welcome home!
i loved the photos you shared.they look so tuscon:)
so sad about caleb.
it does sound like a great adventure for himand a great place for his mom to go and visit him!

philmary said...

I love the sidewalk cafes ..Were you always there in the morning ?Why no people?

The perfectly tilled vineyard and the irregularly spaced trees on September 18 (LAST FRIDAY ???) are so light and ethereal

What was the night life like?