Tuesday, September 22, 2009

A Little Slow on the Uptake

Yesterday Trish posted some beautiful scenic images and said something about the beautiful weather we had for the last day of summer. I didn't get it. I am, after all, a little slow on the uptake sometimes.

Today when I went to work, I happened to look at the calendar. Go figure--a secretary looking at the calendar. What a concept. Anyway, I noticed that it said, "Autumn begins". I still didn't get it. Autumn? How could that be? Does Autumn always begin so early??

OhMyGosh!! That means that winter will begin momentarily. Okay, okay, I realize that's a slight exaggeration, but it will surely seem like it when we're on our search-and-find-our-hats-gloves-boots-snowscrapers-scarves-before-we-can-set-foot-out-the-door missions.

On the way home, I stopped at Pine's and grabbed a few images of other Autumn sights.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean...why is it the winter season seems to be so much longer than any other..it must last about 8 months doesn't it!

i'm kinda set, i've got a few pair of mittens and the big ice scraper, STILL in my car!

philmary said...

Squash and gourds pumpkins fruit of the vine work of human hands

Framing Images and Memories said...

Very nice Fall photos. You are right, summer is gone and autumn will go by so much more quickly and then the dreaded winter!
These photos do remind me to take advantage of the last few warm days..take them when they come.

trishalyn said...

Great idea to add the calendar shot to your series of autumn images...which were all terrific! I especially loved the close-ups...a great job of isolating the subject.

Where are your trip photos? I'm looking forward to them! :-)