Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The Return of My Camera

Last week I went to CameraWorks and retrieved my point and shoot camera. Hooray! I'm so happy to have it back.

Tonight I had to go out to the supermarket to get groceries for bookgroup, since I'll be hiking tomorrow, and Friday I have to get busy preparing the food and the house--if I waited to go shopping till Friday, I'd use up half the day running errands. I didn't really want to go out tonight, but it's crunch time. So as I was driving down the road, I decided to take some photos in order to amuse myself and make the trip to town a little less objectionable. Thank God for the return of my camera.

Okay, so I really did take some of the photos while I was driving--(good thing for the lcd screen so I didn't have to be looking through the viewfinder)--but I only took the photos when there were no cars coming in the opposite direction.

Approaching Fonda is pretty risky at this time of year. The Fonda Fair is in full swing, and there's usually quite a traffic jam. Luckily it wasn't too bad this trip.

A few minutes later I arrived at my favorite supermarket.

After paying for the groceries and taking a tranquillizer in order to deal with the "sticker shock", I loaded the car and headed home. If I thought I was having fun up till then, I soon realized that the real fun was still to come--unloading the car, putting the groceries away and cooking the darned food on Friday.

After getting everything put away it occurred to me that I had neglected to get myself anything for lunch for the hike. Sigh. Oh well, PBJ tastes pretty darned good when you're hungry!

By the Way--thanks everyone for telling me what books you're reading.

5 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

Grocery shopping is one of my least favorite activities so I appreciate the "production" that your series show. Have fun on your hike..beautiful day for it!

J.L.Velez said...

I also liked seeing the progression of your trip. Have fun on the hike!

trishalyn said...

The photos taken from the driver's seat were crystal clear...you must have an awfully clean windshield! :-)

Enjoyed the sharing of your evening...the late day lighting is so pretty!

P.S. Glad you got your camera back! :-)

Bridget said...

so happy you have your baby back!
love the cross walk shot.

Never Settled said...

You who sent that horrible video about texting while driving are admitting to taking pictures while driving...

That's all I'm going to say. That and I love grocery shopping.