Thursday, September 24, 2009

Another Thursday Assignment

The assignment for this Thursday was given by Phil. On Sept. 22 he posted an image of the back of a car that had several different bumper stickers on it. We were supposed to use one of the bumper stickers as inspiration for our photo(s) and story today. Well, as usual, my imagination failed me, and I was clueless.

I thought I would expound on the theme of "green" when I shot this first image in the supermarket parking lot, but alas this was the only one I could "see" within that theme.

I took Lauren to her dance lesson today. We got there early and were waiting in the car. I thought I could develop the theme of "love", so I took this shot. Again, it was the only one I could "imagine" for that theme.

So I gave up.

But,,,,,, I remembered that yesterday Leslie was feeling a little discouraged about her flower images, so I decided to photograph these flowers as a "visual" for her. Wait a minute, it just occurred to me that this could be "love" and/or "green" too. Wadayah think?

Anyway, this first image was taken in the bright sun just as I saw it.

For this next image, I used my body to create shade on the flower. (the quality of the image isn't that great--I think I didn't have my point and shoot programed correctly). You can see that the color and exposure of the shaded image is much more pleasing.

While I was waiting for Lauren, I was wondering what to photograph when I noticed how long the shadows were and I grabbed this shot of me posing. I considered posing for a few more, but I was in the high school parking lot with all kinds of people walking around, and I was feeling just a little self-conscious. Gotta get over that!

Here's another fun license plate to add to my collection.

And last but not least, this image was made last night at dinner. This is Tony Sweet and his honey, Sue. Tony was the featured speaker at our photography club kick-off meeting. He's an awesome photographer, and if any of you don't know of his work, check out his website, tonysweet.com You can also see some of Sue's work by clicking on the link on the site.

Oh----it just occurred to me that this image of Tony and Sue counts as a photo for yesterday, Sept 23. It acutally doesn't really matter since I already missed a day last week, but I'm trying.

4 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Wow, you were busy with the shots yesterday. I loved Lauren's shot and also, your italy shots are fantastic, especially the clothing hanging on the line and the abby ruin, really love those!

trishalyn said...

You were busy yesterday!

Lauren is cute as a button! :-)

I liked your "GREEN" image. With only the sign in color, you successfully isolated and directed the viewer's attention to the main subject. Great angle on that one, too!

trishalyn said...

P.S. Good comparison between the two flower images...great photo lesson for the rest of us.

Neat license plate to add to your collection...and I enjoyed the portrait of Mr. Sweet and "his honey." I had wondered about her connection to him! :-)

Framing Images and Memories said...

A nice variety of photos. The night with Tony Sweet was inspiring. Looks like you spent extra time with him...maybe you can pass along more of his secrets.