Tuesday, September 01, 2009

A Blast From the Past

Okay, for anyone who doesn't know, I'm a sap. I cry at baby powder commercials, I cry when I hear a toddler belly laugh, I adore sappy movies and I've seen "You've Got Mail" about a thousand times and my favorite TV channel is the Hallmark Channel (speaking of which--the Hallmark Card commercials bring tears to my eyes every time!).

So today I was in the post office buying stamps for work. I always ask to see the selection available. When the clerk showed me these, I almost jumped for joy and I just HAD to buy a pane for myself--it might get framed, along with the pane that Trish gave me several years ago--you know, stamps of the bw photographs that are amazing.

Anyway, I took close ups of the shows that I watched regularly--quite the blast from the past, bringing back some nice memories.

Maybe you can get your own pane...




8 comments:

Bridget said...

what memories!
i love the way you captured this series.

ninth sunn said...

hey it's funny you posted these. we were just watching some of my old time favourite movies the other day from our forgotten dvds collection we had, the marx bros, these guys are still top class for me, & the other one was the 39 steps by hitchcock. great movies.
and i couldn't agree more. love the composition of your shots. also congrats to all of you for reaching the end of your challenge soon. that's quite an achievement. you should all receive a trophy.

trishalyn said...

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS...YOU TOOK MY IDEA!!! I JUST ORDERED THESE STAMPS!!!! THEY WERE GOING TO BE MY SUBJECT FOR A POSTING IN THE NEAR FUTURE. DRAT!!! :-(

Brilliant idea...ha...ha! Love your pics!!!

Anonymous said...

i adore these shows..i never actually watch anything new anymore..the classic's are so much better!

great posting!

Framing Images and Memories said...

I remember people talking about these :) Very nice post- creative and fun.

Zezee's View said...

What a great idea! Very nice.

philmary said...

I remember how Hitcock would have his silloutte merge with the line drawing of his out line ..

My favorite episode was,,,the wife who murdered her husband by hitting him with a frozen leg of lamb then having the inspectors over and serving them the roast for dinner


Loved Bilco

J.L.Velez said...

I only got to see these as re-runs, but I appreciate how they all had an effect on the people who watched as children and as adults. Great idea for a post!!