Monday, June 22, 2009

Ain't Technology Grand? (late post for Sunday)

Several weeks ago, the daughter of a friend of mine got married. The photographer was some relative of the groom, so I didn't really have a "job" that day. Until....the bride's mom called me about a week before the wedding to see if I knew anyone who had a camcorder.

We had just gotten a new one at Christmas, so I offered to do the video. Never having done video for something so important, I was pretty nervous, especially since I had also never used the camcorder since it's purchase.

Well, I won't brag about my abilities as a videographer, but I did it and at least they'll have something to look at as the years go by. This is definitely a job I don't ever want to do again!

Last night I finally got around to transferring the video to the computer and then burning it to a dvd. Of course, nothing is ever easy. My computer doesn't burn dvds, only cds. But, my son to the rescue. He has an external gadget that can burn dvds. We got it all hooked up only to find out that my laptop is missing something else, so it wouldn't read his gadget.

So, plan B. Put the video on the external hard drive, go connect it to his laptop, along with the external dvd burner, and eventually, voila!! dvds of the wedding. Hooray!

Then the icing on the cake (no pun intended when you see the image on the cd) is that my son has another gadget to put an image and text on the face of the dvd. Very cool. Ain't technology grand?

So the job is done.

Now I just have to get busy with all the other jobs I have to do that I've been procrastinating doing...

3 comments:

trishalyn said...

I'd say you were pretty lucky that your son was home and able to help! Lovely DVD label...quite professional looking!

J.L.Velez said...

It certainly looks like a well done movie. Technology is grand but kids with knowledge are grander!

Bridget said...

congrats on complting a tough job and another tech milestone.
impressive.