Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Brewery Tour & Late Post

Last Friday when my hiking friends and I were eating dinner, one of them shared her experience at this brewery in Cooperstown. It sounded so interesting that I knew Leah would enjoy going there. So we planned the trip for today (Wed).

It turned out that Caleb didn't have to work today, so he came along too.

I, personally, don't like beer, but the tour was interesting and there were plenty of samples to go around.

This is Ommegang Beer--never heard of it before, but since I never buy beer, that could be why I've never heard of it. I guess it's supposed to be one of the best in the area. And this little place sells it in 48 of our 50 states.

There are 5 varieties of beer showcased on this mantle, and we got to sample them all. Didn't change my mind, still don't like beer. Leah and Caleb were impressed though, as were the other participants by the looks on their faces.

This is out back of the brewery. People must picnic there.


Late Post for Tuesday, June 16

As I snuggled down into my bed last night, with my photo magazines (that I have shamelessly neglected due to reading the Twilight series), I sat bolt upright when I realized I hadn't taken my photo for the day. "Now what?", I wondered. Then I remembered that Leah has been working on her Kenya scrapbook and the book and the supplies were right downstairs in the living room.

Whew, saved by the scrapbook!

4 comments:

Bridget said...

sounds like my kind of place:)
love the image of the bottles lined up.
how nice to have a day with your kids!

Framing Images and Memories said...

Thanks for the idea of visiting this brewery. I like lighter beers so Im sure they one that suit me just fine!

trishalyn said...

We DID visit this brewery in the spring, but they were short-handed that day and could not give us a tour. It was an interesting place to visit, even without the tour. I love your image of the bottles!

philmary said...

I love the huge tunnel through the building,the bottles and the umbrellas..how many ways can you interpret horizontal?