Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday's Assignment

The assignment for today was "find an image and then tilt the camera to see what you get". I had a photo job today. It was a 50th anniversary at a lake cabin. The whole time I was working, it never occured to me to tilt the camera. I guess I was too busy concentrating on the portraits.

So I decided to tilt the images in photoshop. That's kind of limiting because a lot of the image gets cropped off, but I still like the effect.

This first one is a straight shot.

Then the tilted image.

Another tilted image.

The tilt adds so much interest, but the tilt has to be enough so that it doesn't look like an accident. Good assignment, Steve. I gotta do this more often.

2 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

The tilt was a good assignment and it was neat that you could do it in photoshop!

trishalyn said...

I thought about tilting during editing, too...ha...ha! Nice save, Linda! :-)