Thursday, July 16, 2009

Another Day, Another Hike

Today, being Thursday, is Hiking Day. We went up past Northville to Siamese Ponds. It didn't end at a summit, but at a set of ponds. The hike was beautiful, although very strenuous in parts. We lucked out with the weather--it was beautiful and no rain. I hear it rained here at home, but not where we were. The weather was almost perfect.

We signed in at the trail head at 8:30 am, and arrived back at the car at 6 pm. Thirteen miles.





I'm always astounded that Jane, the organizer, can remember details about all the different trails that she's been on. It seems like they would all begin to blend together and seem the same, just like the pictures I'm taking are all beginning to look alike.

We, again, stopped at Sport Island Pub for dinner.

Another good day.

5 comments:

Framing Images and Memories said...

http://www.localhikes.com/Default.asp

I just came across this website of local hikes. I know what you mean about hikes coming together in the mind. I only remember like four that stick out in my mind..the others are a blend.

philmary said...

A blend and somewhat interconvertable,,but what a summer compaired to all of us office nerds..You never go swimming?

trishalyn said...

So I assume you chose the color "green" for your assignment? :-) Beautiful hiking images! I so admire your determination and fortitude in this hiking challenge!!!

J.L.Velez said...

I really enjoyed your pic of the bridge. There is a book you might enjoy called Paths Less Traveled. It is all hikes that are in the Adirondacks and are less known than some but just as beautiful. Some have great land features. You should check it out!

Bridget said...

lovely adirondack images.
i again applaud your hiking perseverance!