Thursday, July 02, 2009

Getting Ready

Late post for Wed. Hoping against hope that it wouldn't rain on Thursday, I prepared my hiking gear.

Thursday's post: It was very cloudy today when I was ready to leave the house for our weekly hike. But Jane and Bev were determined to hike even if it rained, so off I went to meet up with them and get going. When I met Jane at her house she told me that we were headed to the the Northville/Lake Placid trail. We were going to walk from Northville to Piseco: 6.5 miles each way.

So off we went, with the promise of ice-cream when we reached Piseco. The rain held off until we were about 1 mile from Piseco. By the time we reached the store, we were soaking wet, but at that point there was nothing else to do but enjoy the ice-cream and head back

in. the. rain.





After our rest break we suited up and got ready to head back, but we implored the store employee to come outside and take our picture first.

When we finished the trail we drove over to the Sport Island Pub for dinner. I'd never been there and was pleasantly surprised at how nice the food is.

When we were done and getting into the car to drive home, I spotted this license plate and just had to get a shot of it.

So---today's hike: 13 miles, about 7 of which were in the rain.

6 comments:

J.L.Velez said...

Love your poncho! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Ah the glorious mountains of New York State...I could almost smell the pine and the pungent groucd smells..beautiful shots..
Jean

Bridget said...

wow i am impressed!!!
nice photos of your day.
i esp liked the leading lines of the wooden bridge and the closeup of the mushrooms.
i am glad you ladies rewarded yourselves to icecream and dinner.
almost makes me want to take up hiking:)

philmary said...

Good for you> I hope your feet stayed dry. I hate a log walk with squishy sneakers.. You we smiling after 7.5 miles though

The lake looks mystical(no pun intended)..The fungus is picture perfect..How long is our field trip walk?

trishalyn said...

Gosh, I am so in awe of you ladies!!! Great shot of you three...your pink poncho is beautiful. I absolutely love the lake image...definitely a keeper, and one I would love hanging on my wall!!!

Anonymous said...

let's see....congratulations on the length of your hike...i adore your hot pink poncho (probably frightens away the bears)...i love the bridge picture....i enjoy seeing personalized plates and figuring them out (some are tricky)...and a reward of ice cream and dinner at sport island pub...IDEAL!...i'm also thinking of it as my new hobby! :)

great work!