Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Old Building

Okay. So I belong to a bookgroup. We meet once a month to discuss the book that was chosen the previous month. And yes, we really do discuss the book. This month the book is "Mornings on Horseback" by David McCullough. It's about Teddy Roosevelt.

On my way to work this morning, I decided to stop at the Amsterdam Library and get the book--I knew it was there because I checked online. Arriving 15 minutes before it opened, I was tapping my toe, anxious to get on to the next thing I had to do, when I remembered I had my trusty point-and-shoot in my purse.

I've always loved this building (it's a wonder some of the powers-that-be in Amsterdam haven't thought about tearing it down). So here you see a few of the shots I got. (I was going to post them in a slide show from photobucket, but after spending two very unsuccessful hours trying to get the slide show to transfer over to my blog, I said "the heck with it" and you just get to see still images--guess I gotta find another slideshow source).





5 comments:

Haole Girl In Hawaii said...

I love that first photo. Caught my eye. Beautiful.

J.L.Velez said...

I too like the first photo the best. Great symmetry!

trishalyn said...

These are all really nice, Linda, but I LOVED that first image!!! As Jayme said...great symmetry! The b/w works well with that subject, too. Are you submitting any of the library series to the mayor? :-)

philmary said...

Your work on the RPI building and the library are a beautiful study between wood and stone mediums..The predominant tone for the wood RPI is smooth,yellow/brown and curved..While the stone Library is angular Black/grey/white parrell/perpendicular..

Thanks for showing me again an old jewel that still exists in our town

Bridget said...

beautiful images!
i love the first and also the one with the date and a few bits of grass.
i als love this building.
tear it down???
not where i would start in amsterdam!